CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 16, 2009

Getting STUCK



My brother and his wife just had their little baby boy a month early. At 4 lbs. 13 oz. - 18" long he was healthy except for his lungs not being fully developed. He is improving everyday and hopefully will get out of the NCIU sooner than later. He is very cute and TINY! I had the privledge of visiting him and calming him down to sleep since right before I got there the nurse had just changed his diaper and made him very mad. How lucky am I?

Josie and I have been watching my brothers 3 and 6 year old girls this week. Ok, it has been mostly Josie watching those 2 girls. Josie was kept very busy entertaining, feeding, fixing hair, putting them to bed, and all the other things a mother gets to do. It was a very good experience for her to have 2 little demanding girls pay so much attention to her. I think she quite enjoyed being in charge and really had fun with the girls. And for me, well she was a TOTAL LIFESAVER! It seems like it has been a very long time since I was wiping little bums and faces.

My other brother came Wednesday night to take these girls home with him. He has 4 kids, two of which are girls and pretty much the same age as these two girls. The six year old was very excited to go and play with her cousins - but as I was loading the 3 year old into the car I got quite the suprise. I was talking to her about playing with her cousin and she proceeded to tell me that she was bigger than her and was getting upset that she was going to get STUCK with her. This totally shocked me coming from a 3 year old but responded by telling her that I had been STUCK with her. Her face was priceless! This this set her back for only a second and she replied that I was gonna get STUCK with her again. WOW! I went in the house and laughed. I wonder what I was like at 3.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Oh I can just hear her! lol! The things they say...

Ralph & Debbie said...

That is so scary when there that small. One of my cat breeder friends in denver had her twin boys three months early. They were born in sept and are still in the hospital. They were just 1lb and 1lb 6oz when born. They will be find but its a long haul for her. I cant imgine going thought that.
Congrats on your brother, glad his little boy is doing well. Hard to imgine a baby almost hard the size of leland.

Thelissa said...

Bless that little baby's heart. I hope all goes well and there is a fast growth in those lungs! What a sweet photo too!

Kierstan said...

I sure hope that little baby can get home quick! And the story of the 3 year old just makes me laugh. I'm sure you were just like her Chris! :)